To insure our players and patrons are safe, the Maryland Sports Arena has instituted the following COVID SAFETY procedures:
· Everyone entering the Maryland Sports Arena is required to wear a face mask or shield. Players and coaches may remove their face mask when entering the field area. Face masks are required when the game is over and players and coaches are re-entering the spectator area.
· At this time, we are asking that only one parent per player attend the game to insure proper social distancing. All Maryland Sports Arena games are shown live and on demand for parents who cannot or are unable to attend. Additional information is here http://marylandsportsarena.com/live.htm.
· We are asking, if possible, parents take the temperature of their child as well as themselves (if attending the game) on game day. Please do not attend your game if you or your child is feeling ill.
· No seating will be allowed on the middle bleacher rung and the top and bottom middle section to allow for social distancing.
· Teams and fans that have already been in contact with each other as a group are asked to remain together in seating.
· Visiting teams are asked to enter and exit the field through the far gate and parents are asked to use the last 3 bleachers for seating.
· Home teams are asked to enter and exit the field through the front gate and parents are asked to use the first 3 bleachers. (Please note Home and Visitors is listed on your schedule).
· Teams and patrons are asked to leave immediately after their games.
· All heating units now use HEPA filters which remove 99.9 percent of all particles. Filters are changed weekly.
· During the 4 months we were closed, all netting around the field was removed, replaced or washed with bleach, and rehung. This was approximately 100,000 square feet of netting.
· All areas behind the netting and boards were cleaned and sanitized.
· We have added 8 hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility including player’s benches and restrooms.
· Player’s bench areas are sanitized after each game.
· Spectator bleachers are sanitized nightly.
· Restrooms are sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
· Snack bar area and arcade area is sanitized multiple throughout the day.
· There will be no seating in the snack bar area.
· We ask that teams do not hand shake or elbow bump after the game.
· Weekend games for younger players will run on a 60 minute cycle versus 55 minute to insure teams can leave after the game.
· We have removed timeouts and half time break to give teams adequate time to leave so next game players can enter.
· We ask teams not to enter the facility until they see players leaving from the previous game.
Please note we are 20,000 square foot building with ceiling peak of 40 feet. Our maximum capacity is 420 people. We are trying to have less than 50 people in the facility during each game. Approximately 25 of those 50 will be players on the field. Please be seated at all times during the game. Parents and grandparents who cannot attend can watch their child play live here http://marylandsportsarena.com/live.htm Games are also available on demand for a month after play as well. Good luck and thanks for playing at the Maryland Sports Arena!